2/28/2007

HIDDEN WEB SITE OF NBC'S "HEROES"

I think before I get into this, I need to tell you all my secret.

I... have a special power.

Yeah, I know, such genetic mutations are a billion-to-one occurrence, and I truly feel blessed to have this unique ability. I know that "With great power comes great responsibility," so I pledge to use this power for the benefit of mankind, and will not become a super villain.

What's my special power?

I see web sites.

No seriously! I do! Practically every show or movie I watch, I catch those little flashed mentions of random sites and remember them! For example, the Spouse of Swan and I went to the OMNI theater to see Journey into Amazing Caves, and I noticed www.nancy4caves.net, this little site they use as a thematic crutch to keep the "plot" moving along. And what did I do when I got back to my comptuer? I looked it up!

Other examples? Feast your eyes, mon frére!


But that's nothing. Okay, NBC. I know you've got your buzz trackers out there looking to see what those crazy kids on the blogosphere are saying about your favorite little show, Heroes. Well warm up those Weapons of Mass Media Divination, because I'm about to give ya some ammo.

Did anyone out there watch this episode? Did you notice in the "prevously on Heroes" mini-trailer a full-on shot of Bennet's business card? Especially the back with this lovely web site:

www.primatechpaper.com

Head on over there, and you'll see something that's a dead giveaway of a site that some big company is trying to take viral - design that looks circa 1996. But heavens to Betsy, there's a FORM on there! Well, since I know Primatech isn't hiring these days (although I'm always looking for a better offer), I went ahead and signed up. In their own considerate way, they managed to send an auto-reply:

To: eswayne@gmail.com

from: no-reply@primatechpaper.com

Re: Important Message from Primatech Paper

Thank you for your interest in Primatech Paper. We will be in contact once we evaluate your application.


Ah HUH. Two days later, I got this:

To: eswayne@gmail.com

from: no-reply@primatechpaper.com

Re: Important Message from Primatech Paper

Thank you for your interest in Primatech Paper and taking the time to complete our employee application.

We are always interested in unique individuals with special abilities to help us provide the best service to our many clients.

Please retain this email for your records. A Primatech Paper representative will be contacting you in a few weeks with the next steps.


Considerate! Glad they'll be contacting me, since as I have stated earlier, I AM special. But then, a couple days after that, we get the REAL payoff:

To: eswayne@gmail.com

from: no-reply@primatechpaper.com

Re: Plan A

Our first plan has gone into effect. Let's get together to observe. Go online to: http://www.samantha48616e61.com before 9:00 PM tonight.


Head on over to that site, and you're in PRIME viral marketing territory. A fake blog? Excellent! Hidden links on primatechpaper.com? Even better! Hidden dossiers on some of the Heroes characters, including one we haven't even seen yet? Perfect!

Ohhhh no, gentle reader, I've brought you this far. For all those lovely goodies, you're on your own.

Enjoy!!




Technorati Tags: , , ,

1 comment:

Phylemon said...

You are so my hero right now! This is truly awesome.