5/25/2006

DESKTOP(S) OF THE DAY: Spaced Out

Oh lordy we got some catching up to do! But, I've been following my own advice and writing down my ideas in the meantime, so I've got a couple great images for you today.

See Explanation.  Clicking on the picture will download the highest resolution version available.

This one's a view of the International Space Station from aboge, made by the crew of the space shuttle Discovery. You can read all about it here. This comes to us from a great site for wallpapers, the Astronomy Picture of the Day archive. Each day they post a new and amazing photo from space, with a description by a real astronaut or astronomist.

Click for larger version

Here's a beauty from Airliners.net showing the flight path of a space shuttle launch - that blinding flash at the bottom left is takeoff.

If you're still looking for other good wallpaper images, I always like to try Flickr (usually by going to Popurls first, as mentioned here). If you want to see some photos I loved, check out my Flickr favorites page here. Oh, and if you want to see the few pictures I have posted so far (all of my cat), you can check them here.

Enjoy!

Technorati Tags:

No comments: