10/16/2007

VIDEO: Ben Folds Can Cover

If you're not familiar with the musical stylings of Ben Folds (or that of his Five, which is actually a three...), I'd encourage you to give him a shot. Not all his stuff works for me, but what I do like I enjoy a lot. But even with his extensive body of original work, it turns out some of the best stuff I've heard from him are his covers. Here's some video of those perfectly-imitated moments:

Ben Folds covers "Such Great Heights" by The Postal Service


Make sure and check out the found-objects instruments those drummers are playing. A postal box with a towel over it? A champagne glass? And there's even an appearance by a music player not named iPod™? Amazing.



Ben Folds covers "Tiny Dancer" by Sir Elton John


Extra points for the glasses.



Ben Folds & Rufus Wainwright cover "Careless Whisper" by George Michael





...and I couldn't resist this one:

Ben Folds gets covered by the Jabberwocks performing "Underground"





Enjoy!


Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

No comments: