9/22/2004

I WANNA LEAVE

Take a look at the timestamp at the bottom of this little post-y-thing, and you'll see that there's not much time left in the business day.  And I wanna leave.

Have you ever met someone that had a laugh that was intensely annoying?  There's a lady here that fits the bill for me.  Hers is the open British "HA" with a jarring glottal stop chainsawing through, and I swear it drives me nuts.  Said woman's husband also works in my team (don't get me started on THAT), and I have no clue how the guy can stay married to her.  YES, simply because of that laugh.  It's just that bad. 

Went to a little informal party at work today for my wonderful boss (and I'm not being sarcastic - she's great to work with), celebrating her 35th anniversary with the company.  Thirty-five years!  Is that even possible with anyone from my generation?  Certainly, the key to her extended tenure is that she works for one of the largest corporations in America, and was able to move around within the company to keep from burnout.  You know, I would love to be able to stay with a  company for that long, but I just don't see it happening.  "Back in the day" companies valued experience - today it's a liability.  Maybe I just haven't met "the right one," but I view myself as a mercenary of sorts - talented, highly effective, independant and motivated by the paycheck, not the position.  At this point in my life, my talents are available to the highest bidder - the company that puts together the best package for me to enjoy.  Don't get me wrong - I really like this job, but that doesn't mean it's until death do us part.

Geez, that was dark.  Let me cheer you up with a little funny called Meow Skywalker.

No comments: